Duties And Responsibilities
* Serves as a lead professional for financial, regulatory, reporting, accounting, and control assignments in their areas of knowledge. Researches, recommends, and implements, under management's direction, proper accounting, regulatory, reporting and financial treatment for new and existing operations, accounting pronouncements, regulations, regulatory decisions, and laws.
* Effectively achieves required deliverables for special projects, data requests and analysis, procedure development and implementation, etc. Forms teams as needed to accomplish assigned goals.
* Includes and works closely with all stakeholders to assure accurate, relevant, and timely accounting transactions and controls, and financial, regulatory, and tax information. Identifies and addresses internal customer training needs. Assures other organizations (e.g., regulatory, tax) are informed in a timely manner of significant transactions impacting them and obtains guidance from manager, supervisor and other organizations when needed.
* Tracking and paying invoices across projects.
* Monthly reports to investors.
* FERC QTR reports.
* Assisting with the preparation and monthly updating of the project and corporate budgets.
* Paying invoices on a timely basis.
* Leading the preparation and delivery of monthly reports to investors on the project and corporate expenses and cash flow projections.
* Assist the company's tax accountants with preparing quarterly and annual financial statements and taxes.
* Ensuring that CA franchise taxes are paid for multiple project companies.
* Monitoring, tracking, and reporting on daily and weekly trading activities.
* Bachelor's Degree In accounting, finance, economics or related business administration field or equivalent training and/or experience.
* 3 years - Requires previous public and/or professional accounting experience.
* Must be able to convey in original written correspondence and reports in a clear and concise manner, adapted to customer needs (technical and non-technical audience).
* Ability to develop alternative recommendations to issues within areas of responsibility.
* Requires knowledge of accounting methods and techniques and the ability to apply both in problem-solving.
* Skills in organizing, planning, controlling, and coordinating individual activities.
* Master's Degree in accounting, finance, economics, business administration, or related field is desirable.
* CPA, CMA, and/or other professional certificates are desirable.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.