US$180000 - US$180001 per annum
13 days ago
* Act as the client Project Engineering Manager for all project engineering & technical matters
* Provide engineering leadership and technical assurance across all functional engineering teams
* Manage the day to day engineering activities to deliver a safe quality design.
* Agree the engineering standards to be used by the project. Ensure that they align with the project objectives and satisfy the needs of the company, industry codes & standards, local & national regulatory bodies, process licensors and other major stakeholder requirements.
* Ensure that the front-end and detailed engineering design carried out by the engineering contractors, equipment and packaged vendors, module suppliers, process licensors and proprietary equipment suppliers is carried out in accordance with the relevant US and state legislation, Engineering Codes and Standards, licensors' process design packages, SHE and Project Excellence (PEX) standards to meet the overall objectives of the project requirements.
* Set-up and implement the project specific engineering processes and procedures
* Ensure that the engineering sequence and activities are delivered to meet the project schedule
* Implement the design assurance plans and ensure all engineering actions are completed on time e.g. HAZID, HAZOPs, SIL, LOPA
* Assess all technical concessions, deviations, management of change in accordance with the project co-ordinations procedures.
* Ensure that the engineering design of the process plants, utilities and off-plots and site infrastructure are fully integrated, and that the interfaces are fully defined and understood.
* Input into the procurement, construction, commissioning and project control to ensure schedules are fully integrated and aligned.
* Be highly motivated, innovative, adaptable and have a very high concern for ethical and business standards.
* An experienced Chartered Engineer or registered Professional Engineer.
* Previously held the role of Project Engineering Manager with at least 10+ years working on major projects particularly in the chemical, petrochemical or oil and gas projects, including front-end, detailed design and construction phases including handover to operations.
* Experienced in managing complex projects including engineering design contractors, licensor & complex vendor packages
* The job holder is expected to lead a multifunctional, multinational, multi-location engineering team to successfully deliver the project objectives. They must be technically credible, able to make judgements and influence decisions, on technical issues, project direction and resource allocation.
* Demonstrate leadership qualities, strong people management skills and interpersonal awareness coupled with good communication, influencing and able to build and maintaining internal and external relationships
* Experienced in producing and implementing engineering project execution plans
* The project will be constructed on a new site located on the USGC region, but earlier phases of design, procurement and fabrication will take place in multiple US, Europe, Asia locations. The job holder must be prepared to undertake extensive and frequent national and international travel during the course of the project.
* Develop corporate project engineering process and procedures
* You must have unrestricted USA (or UK) working rights to be eligible to apply
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.