Medical, Dental, Vision benefits, negotiable
over 1 year ago
Power Transmission Engineer
Oscar Energy are proud to work with a market-leading EPC client at their site in Houston, Texas. This will be a contract position with an immediate start.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and competent individual, capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
The position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. It requires general knowledge of precedents in specialty areas and familiarity with basic principles and practices in related specialties. The ideal candidate must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE & SKILLSET IS CRITICAL TO THIS ROLE AND MUST BE MET FOR CONSIDERATION:
- All aspects of transmission line design including alignment, spotting, sagging, structures, hardware, foundations, etc., using standard PLS-CADD software modules and other in-house design tools.
- Planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Performing work which involves conventional engineering practices but may involve a variety of complex features.
- The ability to self-manage your workload and offer expert opinion to the project team.
- Experience working with Aspen Capital Cost Estimator
- Previous experience of working with Hard Dollar Estimating Software.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE:
- At least 4 years' experience.
- A bachelor's degree in civil or electrical engineering
- Minimum 2 years of design experience in PLS-CADD line design software modules preferred.
- Texas PE license (or ability to obtain within 1 year) is preferred.
Should you be interested please send across your latest resume today to Luke Marshall for an immediate interview!
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.