US$35 - US$40 per hour
2 days ago
Oscar Energy is a boutique recruitment firm within the Renewable Energy industry. Currently we are sourcing for an Electrical Installer with a background in solar energy to join a team in Southern California.
Company specializes in the design and installation of solar energy systems and we are in need of someone who is knowledgeable and skilled in this specific field.
This is an 50% travel-based position in which all work will occur on the road. Projects will range between 3 to 12 weeks by a cross-functional team of 4 to 20 members handling all trades required to get the work done collectively.
Qualifications & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have experience in both residential and commercial solar projects.
- Comfortable working on a wide range of projects.
- Hold a valid California electrician's license.
- Experience in solar panel installation, solar panel maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledgeable in electrical codes and regulations specific to the solar industry are highly desired.
- Willing to travel to different jobsites
- Communicate clear and concisely with crew, direct supervisor, site superintendent and clients.
- Bend conduit in an aesthetically pleasing manner.
- In process of getting or currently holding a Valid State of California Journeyman License required with knowledge in safety standards set by NEC and NFPA70E.
- Minimum of 2+ years of electrician journeyman level or higher experience in industrial, military or commercial settings.
- Experience in handling low to high voltage up to 480 VAC and 1000VDC.
- Experience in medium voltage, utility scale work and PV experience preferred.
- OSHA 30 hours - CPR-first aid required.
- Ability to use trade tools, meters, technology, and all other necessary equipment to complete the job.
- Ability to lift and pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Capable of working at heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders and stairs; and performing repetitious duties, including lifting, bending, and standing for long periods of time while wearing a 25 lbs. tool belt.
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, etc.)
We are also open to considering electricians who are looking for a long-term contract or project-based work within the solar industry.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.