US$150000 - US$180000 per annum + Benefits
13 days ago
I am working with a brilliant business who are a well-known appliance and housewares company. They focus on kitchen tools, small appliances, and gadgets that help you save time, add value and allow you to spend less time in the kitchen.
They are creating a mobile app and are looking for a backend focused engineer who will bring a deep passion and love of technology, along with excellent analytical skills and an innovative mind to contribute towards building the backend infrastructure for the state-of-the-art mobile application that will revolutionize the kitchen of the future.
- Collaborate with UX, Video, Firmware, Software, and Hardware Engineering Teams to review requirements, design, configure and deploy new services
- Contribute to architecture, instrumentation and performance design decisions and carrying out POCs whenever required
- Produce well designed, high quality and reusable code by applying design patterns and best practices in software development for agility, reliability, and scalability of the services
- Proactively monitor performance and system health with observability and AWS tooling.
- Automate our infrastructure deployment and configuration management pipelines and create tooling so we can all work faster.
- Refactor code base from time to time to improve performance, reliability, and maintainability of the services
- Design and expand on SQL and NoSQL database schema
- Participate in code reviews
- Carry out testing and debugging
- Participate in daily standups and weekly sync-up meetings with stakeholders
- Participate in sprint planning sessions by reviewing goals and grooming stories.
- Scale architecture with modern technologies leveraging the AWS platform
- Effectively connecting to a culture of delivering high quality content around the brand vision
- 5+ years of experience with a least one static language (e.g. Java, C/C++) and at least one dynamic language (e.g. Ruby, Python)
- 5+ years designing and implementing RESTful APIs using microservice architecture
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, and deploying solutions utilizing AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, SQS, Route 53, Lambda, IAM, ECS and API Gateway
- Mastery of multiple modern platforms such as Git, AWS, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Travis, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, CloudFormation, IAC, etc.
- Proficient knowledge on SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and design patterns
- Proficiency in a Unix/Linux environment and experience working with CLI
Please apply now to be considerd.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.