£110000 - £120000 per annum
about 1 month ago
ASAP / Flexible
Oscar are working with a fast growing immuno-oncology company focused on development and commercialization of novel T cell-based immunotherapies. Our clients technology relies on using non-engineered T cells to produce a polyclonal T cell product capable of recognizing multiple tumor-associated antigens.
As the Supply Chain Manager, you will be joining a newly formed team at our new state of the art facility in Houston, where working together, focused on saving lives by manufacturing the cure for cancer is a daily activity.
In this position, working as a part of the operations team, you will report directly to Sr. Director of Program Management, and supervise the lifecycle of the product. In this role you will need to understand how each step in the production, manufacturing and distribution process works together, optimizing efficiency and reducing waste. You will prepare long-term schedules for the company to ensure we have enough stock at any given time to meet demand.
- Working closely with Materials Management team, develop sound, cost-effective strategies for the purchasing of materials used in the Marker's GMP facility.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers while continually scouting for additional vendors.
- Participate in vendor qualifications as required by Quality.
- Evaluate spending operations while seeking ways to improve and enhance the quality of products purchased and the timeliness of deliveries.
- Communicating with management regularly regarding the efficient flow of goods and services affecting production.
- Conduct cost analyses and set benchmarks for improvement.
- Develop risk management procedures to mitigate losses in the event of product shortages.
- Plan and monitor appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime.
- Completes any other duties/responsibilities assigned by senior management.
- Availability to work on weekends or in rotating shifts if needed.
Skills, Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business or similar field.
- 5 years professional experience is required.
- Excellent understanding of supply chain processes and good knowledge of relevant software
- Strong employee management skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to details
- Creative problem-solving
- A strategic and analytical mind
- Functional knowledge of cGMPs and manufacturing operations in FDA regulated facility
- Financial experience with high level budgetary responsibilities
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and communication/negotiation skills (both written and verbal).
- Self-motivated and adaptable to a dynamic environment.
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced small company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Proficient in Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Power Point and other applications.
The role offers working from but the postholder must be able to travel to Houston Texas a few times a week.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.