Kansas City, Missouri
10 months ago
Senior Electrical Engineer
Kansas City, Missouri
As a senior electrical engineer, you will apply your knowledge of industrial electrical system design requirements, design deliverables, project schedule, and leadership skills to lead teams of engineers and designers, and help grows the business. You will participate in projects from conceptual planning, feasibility analysis, and front-end engineering design (FEED) estimates, through detailed design, construction, and startup. Senior electrical engineer must be able to delegate effectively, mentor effectively and provide leadership, guidance, and instruction to less experienced engineers
- In depth knowledge of NFPA 70, 70E, NEMA MG 1, PIP, and other industry standards
- Evaluate client requirements and authorize clarifications to RFPs, design basis documents, project execution plans, and electrical scopes of work for a range of engineering and construction projects
- Provide hands-on electrical engineering alongside mentoring and coaching the discipline team.
- Preparation of electrical studies including electrical system load studies, short-circuit analysis, relay coordination, arc flash studies, motor starting system dynamics, harmonics analysis, ground fault analysis, and other calculations as required.
- Have detailed knowledge of electrical system modeling software packages such as SKM or ETAP.
- Help develop and refine electrical department procedures and specifications.
- Regularly meet and correspond with clients and vendors
- Design, work on, and have knowledge with 15kV, 5kV, and 480V electrical systems
- Write purchase orders of electrical equipment
- Travel to the project site during construction to answer questions
- Write energization guidelines with the initial operations team
- Experience in construction and field startup is a plus. Experience with large industrial facility revamp projects with customized scope is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of industry standards and codes such as NEC, API, PIP, IEEE color series books is a plus.
- This position will be accountable for schedule and budget and making trips to job sites to survey existing electrical conditions (travel about 15%)
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years of experience
- EPC experience
- Refinery, gas processing or chemical facility experience
- Must have knowledge of construction methods such as; cable tray installation, cable pulling, cable testing, etc
- Must have experience as a Lead Electrical Engineer on detailed design projects
- Must have experience in Class 1 Div 2 Group C,D areas
- Be able to apply intensive and diversified knowledge of principles & practices to broad areas
- Creative mindset and approach to problems & assignments
- Consulting experience preferred
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.