4 months ago
With business success on three continents, our client is a global leader in the development and distribution of Utility Scale Renewable Energy. This multi-national enterprise has been providing Energy solutions for almost 100 years and continue to expand in Europe, Asia and North America. Those energy solutions consist of end-to-end project management from the initial green field and brown field development phase through to commercial operations.
As the Remote Operations Control Center (ROCC) Operator, based out of California, you will accompany a growing team of ROCC Operators ensuring all of the company's Solar generating sites are running efficiently and optimally. They have sites coming online by end of June, so this role is absolutely critical. The role itself is hourly, but overtime (time and a half) accrues daily and double time paid weekly with an additional end of year bonus. This is a great opportunity to come in on the ground floor of a brand new Operations Center, plenty of professional growth to be had here with this International Renewable Energy Owner!
Your position as the ROCC Operator you will have the following responsibilities:
- Real time monitoring of active renewable energy assets across the US Market
- Using SCADA, minimizing any downtime of performance
- The monitoring of inclement weather conditions as it may impact Solar Sites
- Adjusting various plant control points
- Performing data and diagnostic analysis, offering recommendations to improve performance as needed
- Directly impacting substation switching while utilizing LOTO practices
- At least 2 years in either Solar Plant Operations or other mid to high impact power plant management
- Strong NERC Operating policies and procedures knowledge base
- Experience trouble shooting HV equipment using remote SCADA tools or with on-site personnel
- Must be able to work 10 to 12 hour shifts for a 24/7 operating control center. This includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- MUST speak Spanish - As the Operator, you will be responsible for monitoring the operations for sites located in Central / South America.
- Full relocation paid for by the employer if needed
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Guaranteed overtime pays daily (time and a half) and double time paid out weekly
- Annual Bonus
- Full Healthcare Coverage + Dental & Vision
- Full relocation assistance for the right candidate
If you are currently looking for an opportunity to join this global leader in Renewable Energy, please apply and reach out to me directly to schedule a confidential consultation.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.