11 months ago
R&D Chemist - Chemicals - Virginia - Competitive salary and great benefits such as; (401k), health plan, retirement plan, superb personal development
Culture, projects and investment - all critical factors for considering your next move within R&D - so this one will surely work for most. After many decades of international success as a chemistry and chemicals solution provider to the lubricants and additives market; this business enjoyed a "positive" investment 2 years ago and now under new ownership. This ownership has made multiple significant investments and a commitment to the long term success and delivery of projects within the field.
With an average tenure at around 9 years, this business is solid and is so by having a people centric culture with continued personal development. With a team of 6, they are now looking to make more additions and add more strength with quality to the team.
We welcome both post-doctoral researchers and industry professionals interested in a career in industrial research.
What will you be doing?
* Taking a hypothesis led approach to research, using both theory and mechanism to deliver on projects
* Collaborating with other team members, clients and stakeholders on short-long term projects
* Adhering to and closely monitoring procedures to ensure they support ISO and quality procedures
* Supporting the business a as technical expert, attending exhibitions and forum speeches
* Maintaining accurate and up to date lab notes that can ensure smooth project delivery among your co-workers
* At all times, promoting safe lab work and work environment
* Evaluating physical-chemical fluid properties and identifying solutions
* Support new methods for controlling additive solutions structure (micelles), equilibria or reaction kinetics to deliver ideal performance in specific conditions
* Using core technologies such as; thermodynamics, kinetics, oxidative and thermal degradation, interfacial, micelle or non-covalent interactions.
Necessary experience required
* PhD in Chemistry, Physics or Chemical Engineering - BS or MSc would be sufficient with 5 years industrial research experience
* Technology usage in thermodynamics, kinetics, oxidative and thermal degradation, interfacial, micelle or non-covalent interactions is essential
* A hypothesis led approach is required to integrate successfully within this research facility
Additional desirable experience
* Research experience in additives or lubricants
* Previous experience of managing complex research projects
Chemist, Scientist, Research Engineer, Research Chemist, R&D Chemist, R&D Scientist, R&D Engineer, Chemicals, Chemistry, thermodynamics, kinetics, oxidative, thermal degradation, interfacial, micelle, non-covalent interactions, hypothesis research,
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.