Up to £120000 per annum
6 months ago
Full-Time, CA - Remote OK - Mid Level
Seeking a talented Project Manager responsible for managing solar projects through various stages of construction to commercial operation. The Project Manager will work with various project partners, contractors, vendors, utilities, landowners, investors, and community stakeholders. The ideal candidate is an organized and seasoned construction manager with direct experience overseeing construction of solar and energy storage projects. Ideally searching for a candidate with experience with 2-10MW projects, EPC, and IPP preferred.
- Identify and build relationships with vendors and contractors related to the construction of solar and energy storage projects.
- Run robust request for proposals (RFP's) with select vendors and contractors for solar and energy storage projects to obtain high-quality partners at favorable prices.
- Negotiate engineering, procurement and construction contracts with material vendors, contractors, and project partners.
- Manage contractors and vendors through the construction of the project to achieve commercial operation for the project on time and on budget.
- Assist in providing information requested by investors to achieving project financing and updating other project stakeholders through the project management and salesforce platforms.
- Help establish project specific budgets and corporate metrics related to construction of projects and manage to those goals.
- Support Project Development and Project Finance teams in developing construction cost estimates and in providing constructability review to preliminary designs, interconnection applications, and other project aspects.
- Additional responsibilities will include travel for preconstruction reconnaissance, visiting construction sites, conferences, and running meetings with project partners.
- Gather market intelligence and continuously strive to be an industry leading thinker and apply that to improving RP's systems and processes.
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects and work efforts with other team members in an organized manner.
- 6+ years experience in power plant, solar or real estate development, ideally with some combination of solar project development and financing.
- Demonstrable experience successfully negotiating transactions.
- Sophisticated understanding and ability to navigate the environmental and utility regulatory environment.
- Experience managing development and construction budgets and schedules.
- Experience developing new processes to improve the flow of work through the business.
- Rigorous attention to detail, work ethic, personal responsibility, work product ownership and organizational skills.
- Strong business development acumen and exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player comfortable leading and collaborating with small and diverse teams to develop and build successful projects.
- Eagerness to take on new challenges with the perspective that these are an opportunity to learn and improve.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve time-sensitive issues with precision.
- Driven, resourceful and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Energy, real estate, engineering, or business related Master's degree is a plus.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.