401k + dis bonus
about 1 month ago
Procurement Manager required...
Our Charlottesville client is seeking a Procurement Manager to join their rapidly growing business. This EPC business has nealy 80 employees and over 100 projects completed or under development, and an award-winning track record of innovation and implementation! Our client is is one of the fastest growing clean energy companies in the Mid-Atlantic United States.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for executing the purchase process for major equipment (Modules, Racking) from RFQ through purchase order/contract execution, identifying qualified vendors and appropriate technologies, maintaining a database of current suppliers and their pre-qualification, as well as monitoring supplier performance.
The Procurement Manager will manage relationships with key suppliers that support the overall strategic objectives of the organization and ensure reliable support and supply of materials to projects. The Procurement Manager is also responsible for management of owned inventory. May be assigned other tasks and/ or equipment scopes as needed.
Department Infrastructure & Strategy
- Supports the build out and maintenance of Supply Chain infrastructure, including participating in development of Supply Chain process SOPs, maintenance of approved vendor and subcontractor lists, RFQ templates, and historical price databases
- Performs market research and maintain relationships within the industry to help stay informed and ahead of changes in the technology and the market as it relates to Modules and Racking
- Stays up to date on current events that affect availability, lead times, material costs, and any other procurement impacts
- Maintains global view of procurement status for all project materials within scope of responsibility
Project Development and Procurement:
- Collaborates with Project Engineering and Pre-Construction to develop cost forecasts and models during the discovery and bid stage of Project development
- During Project Development and Project Delivery phases, collaborates with appropriate stakeholders (engineering, field operations, project managers, etc) in developing bills of materials to define project level procurement requirements
- Creates the Request for Quote (RFQ) based on the anticipated project requirements and solicit proposals to the respective suppliers
- Works with suppliers to thoroughly align proposals with system requirements
- Assesses supplier proposal technical specifications and commercial terms to ensure alignment with the project specific criteria and Owner EPC contracts
- Executes purchase orders for project materials
- Supports Project Management, Field Operations, and Asset Management teams as needed with resolving supplier contract and PO issues such as performance and/or quality deficiencies
- Forecasts quarterly needs for major materials, including modules and racking
- Negotiates and maintain favorable terms and conditions with suppliers for each project scope
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma required. Bachelor's Degree with concentration in engineering, supply chain management, sustainability or construction management preferred
- Minimum 1 year of relevant procurement experience required
- Minimum 1 year experience within renewable, energy or electrical industry preferred
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in project management, purchasing and accounting software platform
- Experience in negotiating pricing and commercial terms with suppliers
- Understanding of project management tools and concepts
- Demonstrate Company Core values
- Ability to work independently and adapt quickly to a rapidly evolving industry
- Excellent planning, organization, and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
Please apply to find out further and to be considered.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.