about 1 month ago
Lead Back-End (Node.js) Software Engineer - Remote
My client are seeking a motivated Lead Back-End (Node.js) Software Engineer . Founded in 2002, my client is a technology innovator in the market of which it operates. In its continuing role as a pioneer in the buying and selling of exceptional items, they are now developing FinTech and SaaS solutions that empower small auction business owners to be influencers in the "passion economy" and build a loyal following. You have an opportunity to join a company led by a management team who had a hand in taking market-leading companies like Google, Seamless, GrubHub and 1stdibs from niche websites to household names.
This full-time remote position will be expected to work either Eastern Time (ET) or Central Time (CT) business hours. You will be managing a mentoring a small team of engineers remotley in Europe and India - Exp of leadership / mentiorship is essential.
What your contributions will be:
- develop high-performance applications by writing efficient, testable and reusable code
- build technical specs for solutions and support the implementation through code reviews and oversight as needed - supporting other developers to reach the goal of the project
- own your product - requiring occasional availability to resolve urgent application issues outside of business hours
- collaborate with our development partners to continuous move the ball forward, both in innovation as well as delivery and maintenance
- oversee code quality and standards
What you need for success:
- a strong comfortable working with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- expertise working with servers, from command line to server setups, assist through deployment process
- experience managing multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- DevOps experience with containerization and kubernetes, a plus
- knowledge of AWS Stack - including experience designing solutions leveraging AWS, a plus
- experience with Ruby, a plus
- experience with Front-End technologies to understand the front-end requirements, a plus
If you are wanting to working for a business who are established and going through increible growth and industry leaders, then this is one to apply for...
$170,000 - $ 185,000 +10-15 bonus, 20 days of PTO, 401k 3% Matching
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.