2 months ago
General Description of Duties
- Provide Electrical Generation and Distribution Concepts and detail design.
- Perform Electrical Engineering tasks such as, but not limited to:, Developing Load Lists, Single Line Diagrams, Area Classification Plans & Criteria, Specifying LV & MV Electrical Gear including but not limited to Switchgear, MCC's, UPS's, Distribution Panels/Boards, Lighting Systems, Grounding Systems, Lightning Protection Systems
- Sizing Power and Instrument cables.
- Designing & Detailing Electrical System Containment, Cabling and Terminations.
- Electrical Power Buildings layouts and planning
- Developing Electrical Equipment Datasheets, Request for Purchase documents-(FRP's) and evaluation matrix's.
- Work directly with designers to develop 2D Auto-Cad electrical drawings.
- Ensure electrical designs are in compliance with company and project specifications, developing and maintaining cable schedules and bills of materials, checking and coordinating 3rd party and vendor drawings, perform fab shop inspections, provide field commissioning support.
- Developing standards for electrical equipment, systems and their ancillaries.
- Provide technical responses to electrical related inquires of the Client or project team.
- Interact with the Project Manager, Engineers, Designers, Consultants, and Execution Team.
- Participate in project meetings between engineering, project management, and sub-contractors as needed.
- Monitor and drive the progress of all Electrical related activities for the projects assigned. Ensure specification, purchase and delivery materials are within the specified time frames, and coordinate due date extensions with the Engineering Manager and Project Manager.
- Perform any electrical related functions necessary for the successful operation of the department, as assigned by the management of the company.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Demonstrated competence in selecting Industrial electrical equipment for the oil and Gas Industry; Controls and Automation experience a plus. Must be, and remain, knowledgeable in current industries technologies and practices.
- Excellent PC proficiency, able to perform Word processing and develop spreadsheets
- Organized and confident, Good skills in task organization and communications. Able to coordinate communications from multiple sources.
- Ability to work effectively with and share best practices with other Project Team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Practical knowledge of plant operations is a plus
- Hands-on field experience in commissioning, start-up and performance tests, is a plus.
- Must be, and remain, knowledgeable in current industry practices and technologies.
- Understand the basics of oil and gas processes and fundamentals behind system/plant design, engineering, construction, commissioning and operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Working knowledge of industrial and regulatory standards.
- Be self-directed and able to perform duties under general supervision; permitting exercise of judgment and latitude in selecting methods or techniques to accomplish the assignment; Results are subject to occasional review.
- Effectively exchange information, instructions and ideas within own work group and with other cross-functional groups.
- Be a team player, works effectively within and across groups.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience: 5-10 years of experience working on mid-stream oil and gas facilities.
- Electrical Engineering experience must include power generation / distribution at 13.8kV, 4.16kV and 480V 60Hz.
- Electrical Systems should include:
- Power cables sizing (voltage drop, ampacities per NEC, etc.)
- Develop load list
- Cable tray sizing and distribution planning
- Electrical & instrumentation grounding grids
- Lighting design
- Heat tracing interface
- Specify UPS and battery bank
- Sizing and specify switchgear and motor control centers
- Sizing and specify power transformers
- Sizing and specify grounding resistor
- Do preliminary short circuit calculations
- Knowledge of ETAP, requires interfacing with ETAP specialist
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.