San Francisco, California
Alessandro Di Girolamo
6 months ago
Role: Director of Estimation
Location: San Francisco / Remote
Background: Our client are a Commercial level Solar Developer that is looking for a Director of Estimation to join their growing team. This role will oversee all of the aspects of project costs including estimation and procurement.
- Responsible for success, timeliness, competitiveness, and accuracy of the estimating function
- Manage and oversee all estimation up to construction-start for solar, storage, and EV charging projects
- Develop and maintain estimating best practices and recruit, train & develop junior estimators/analysts
- Ensure all estimates fit the design, scope and customer standards associated with the project
- Regularly analyze as-built capex costs and employ feedback-loops with the Execution team to influence curves
- Evaluate, critique, and negotiate supplier quotes; ensure the quoting process is timely & accurate
- Develop and maintain material vendor relationships to ensure accurate pre-construction quotes and scopes
- Participate in the sales process as a subject matter expert to support winning bid strategies
- Owner of all estimating tools, models, curves, methods and processes
- Contribute to process improvement activities to drive scalability and efficiency in operations.
- Closely work with Procurement and Execution teams to keep a robust cost database
Skills and Experience Required:
- BS Degree in Engineering, Construction, Statistics, and Math
- 5 years of experience in solar & storage engineering scopes, including electrical, mechanical, structural, civil, and permitting and permitting compliance.
- Experience in C&I Solar projects is preferred.
- Working with solar vendors is preferred.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.