US$100000 - US$140000 per annum + full benefits
6 months ago
Seeking a Construction Manager who has ability to supervise and manage multiple construction projects simultaneously across multiple geographies, while working on other projects that are in the predevelopment stage.
The Construction Manager will report to the Vice President, Construction.
The Construction Manager oversees construction and improvement projects on solar renewable projects. Coordinates with construction crews, oversees project inspectors, and on a project specific basis performs construction oversight. Conducts job walks, and meets with bidders, contractors, and governing agencies. Ensures projects are completed safely per company standards, engineering design, regulatory guidelines, permits and schedule.
- Supervise and direct all aspects of construction which includes off-sites and on-sites.
- Responsible for safety and correcting issues as necessary to maintains a safe work site.
- Oversee project requirements to include but not limited to applicable codes, regulations, standards, schedules and responsible for ensuring the workmanship of all work by inspecting and approving trade (installation contractors).
- Provide sound advice to ensure all services are performed to project requirements including plans and specifications.
- Liaise with the city to obtain permits and licenses as needed.
- Mitigate circumstances that could lead to claims, potential disputes, and project delays.
- Maintain communication and professional relationships with clients, team members, city/agency representatives, third-party contractors.
- Maintain records of all changes on the project, such as change orders and/or purchase orders; ensure reports and record keeping is accurate and timely.
- Responsible for quality control including records of inspections and corresponding paperwork.
- Responsible for coordination of utility service connections.
- Approve all trade partner's invoices about work completion and quality.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis; hold regular status meetings with all consultants and contractors; maintain minutes; perform periodic inspection of the construction site(s).
- Assist contractors and consultants with the project closeout phase-final inspection, substantial completion, required documentation and final completion.
- Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws; development of goals and/or objectives, assignment of responsibilities, coaching, training, accountability as well as interviewing and hiring.
- Coordinate and/or attend project meetings.
- Ensure project budgets and schedules remain timely and on-track; provide progress and budget adherence reporting as required by lenders and or stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, communication, and teamwork.
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance, and appearance .
- Adheres to all Company policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Adheres to local, state, and federal laws.
- Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position.
- Ability to work varied hours, nights, days, and weekends to support the business needs.
- Must be able to travel to job site(s) as assigned; work will be in both office and field.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and people skills a must.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Project, SharePoint, Wrike software with experience presenting to Senior Leadership.
- Demonstrated decisiveness in resolving project issues, making decisions, and identifying priorities.
Compensation and Benefits
- Standard employee benefits include 4 weeks paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, medical, dental, and vision.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.