over 1 year ago
Renewable Energy Asset Manager
One of Oscar Energy's key clients is seeking to hire Senior Asset Managers to manage & oversee their portfolio of utility-scale renewable energy projects across the US. The company, a global Developer, Owner, Operator & IPP for utility-scale wind, solar, storage, and hydro projects, has over 1.5 GW in operating assets & another 2GW+ currently under development- In the US alone.
Their US Headquarters are based in San Diego & they would prefer the Asset Manager to be based here ideally, but also open to candidates who are currently living in Austin, Boston, or Montreal. This is an exciting career opportunity to have a "big role" at a rapidly growing company while also having tremendous room for career growth, stability, & extremely competitive compensation & benefits. Seeking to interview & hire ASAP!
- Manage & monitor the financial performance of operating assets
- Work closely with Construction & Development to support projects under development and under construction
- Manage project-specific contracts, Risk Mitigation, Performance Optimization
- Work as the internal liaison between different departments including: Operations, Development, Construction,Origination, Legal, HR, Finance, & more
- Perform accounting-related functions for the project portfolio, including: G/L review, variance analysis, budgeting, financial statements, cash flow forecasts, and ensuring year-end closing procedures are in compliance with IRFS and US GAAP standards
- Will be a primary decision maker, integral part of leadership & be involved in creating & implementing business strategies
- No other Asset Managers in their US team currently. The asset manager will have a big part in growing this team over the long-term
- 3-5+ years of Asset Management experience for large-scale renewable energy projects preferred
- Accounting savviness- Solid understanding of IRFS and US GAAP standards, variance analysis, G/L review, financial statements, budgeting, etc. CPA could also be a plus
- Experienced in & strong understanding of complex, project-specific contracts & their requirements
- Understanding of tax-equity structure & modelling
- Experienced in Risk Mitigation, Portfolio Optimization, Financial Performance of operating assets, & Forecasting
- Experience working in a multi-faceted with across-department collaboration
- Must be a driven, hard-working individual with an intense curiosity for the renewables industry & desire to continue learning
If you or someone you know would be interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, apply today! Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in due course to discuss this opportunity further.
Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. If you do not hear back from us we will hold your details on file to ensure you are considered for all future vacancies.
Thank you for choosing Oscar Energy - Recruiting Excellence.
Oscar Associates Limited (US) is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.